English Syntax and Argumentation(Bas Aarts)(3rd Edtion)를 기본으로
영어통사론을 정리한 것 입니다.
1장 부터 9장 까지(5장 제외) 입니다.
Ⅱ. Form : Words, Word classes and phrases
Ⅳ. More on Form: Clauses and Sentences.
Ⅵ. Predicates, Arguments and Thematic Roles
Ⅶ. Cross-Categorial Generalizations: X-bar Syntax
Ⅷ. More on Clauses
1) Spoken language.
- a string(stream) of sounds with a certain meaning, which both the speaker and the listener can understand and use mutually.
2) Written language.
- a language in written form (pictograph, alphabet)
- a string of letters which form sentences.
- a study of languages.
* especially, we will study about Generative grammar(linguistics).
- a set of rules or a structure of a language.
- The linguistics ingredients that a language is made up of are arranged in accordance with a set of rules.
- a set of rules for arranging the linguistic ingredients that language is made up of.
- a part of the grammar.
- a set of rules that native speakers combine words into sentences.
- a study of linear word order of sentences.
- a study of the hierarchical structure of sentences.
- English syntax is a study of the sentence structure of English.
5. Syntactic argumentation. (통사적 논증)
- Giving motivated reasons for adopting certain structures and rejecting others.
어떤 문장이 왜 문법적인지 합리적 이유를 대는 것.